> Decisions of the Holy Synod of the Romanian Orthodox Church, 6-7 June 2016
Decisions of the Holy Synod of the Romanian Orthodox Church, 6-7 June 2016
The Holy Synod of the Romanian Orthodox Church met in working session, under the chairmanship of His Beatitude Patriarch Daniel, from 6 to 7 June 2016, at the Synodal Hall in the Patriarchal Residence.
We mention some of the decisions taken by the hierarchs of the Holy Synod:
- Canonization of Metropolitan Jacob Putneanul of Moldavia (1750-1760), with feast day on May 15, and of Venerable Fathers Silas, Paisios and Nathan fromSihăstria Putnei (Hermitage of Putna) Monastery, with feast day on May 16;
- To identify new ways to support family, youth and poor parish communities;
- To intensify the religious education of the Orthodox youth in the dioceses, both through school, and through activities carried out by the Church;
- Approval of the translation into English, French, German, Italian and Spanish of the Services of Baptism and Marriage (Crowning), especially for the missionary use of the Romanian Orthodox Communities from outside Romania;
- Establishment of a Ukrainian Orthodox Parish in Bucharest, in the composition of the Ukrainian Orthodox Vicariate of the Romanian Patriarchate;
- Approval of the members of the delegation of the Romanian Patriarchate, who will participate in the Holy and Great Council of the Orthodox Church (Crete, Greece, 16-27 June 2016), and of the amendments of the Holy Synod of the Romanian Orthodox Church to the documents on the agenda of the Council in Crete, for a joint witness of unity of faith and co-responsibility for the life and mission of the Church at Pan-Orthodox level.
The Holy Synod urges the clergy, the monastics and lay faithful to intensify prayer so that the participants in the works of the Holy and Great Council in Crete will express the faith of the One, Holy, Universal and Apostolic Church and will promote liturgical communion and fraternal cooperation for the benefit of Orthodox ministry in today’s world.
Press Office of the Romanian Patriarchate