On 3 and 4 June 2015, the working session of the Holy Synod of the Romanian Orthodox Church was held at the Patriarchal Residence under the chairmanship of His Beatitude Patriarch Daniel.
Here are some of the decisions adopted:
- Enrolling of Saint Pious Paisie Aghioritul in the calendar of the Romanian Orthodox Church from 2016 forward, canonised by the Ecumenical Patriarchate in January 2015, to be celebrated on 12 July;
- Adoption of certain proposals for increasing the quality of the religious education, through the close collaboration of the Church with all the institutions and persons involved, such as the Ministry for education and scientific research, religion teachers, pupils’ parents, in order to achieve better training of the teaching staff and drafting new school manuals;
- Estimation of the migration phenomenon and adoption of some pastoral and social solutions proposed by the eparchies of Romania and abroad, in order to diminish the negative impact of this phenomenon over the families from the country and abroad in such situation;
- Approval of the project entitled Regulations of the voluntaries’ activity in the Romanian Orthodox Church, in accordance with the recent legislative changes in the field;
- The Holy Synod drafted the Communiqué entitled: the self entitled Association of the Autonomous Metropolitanate according to “Bishop Gherasim” Old Calendar has no statute of religious association and it is not canonically recognised by the Orthodox Church, and warned the Orthodox Christians not to be deceived by the assertions of the representatives of this association.
Press Office of the Romanian Patriarchate